The Great British Bake Off: An Extra Slice 2019 achieves *** albert sustainable production certification
The Great British Bake Off: An Extra Slice 2019 achieved *** albert sustainable production certification...
Love productions were keen to reduce the environmental impact of the production of Series 6 of The Great British Bake Off: An Extra Slice and the production team have worked hard towards achieving @WeAreALBERT sustainable production certification.
Some of the ways the production encourages sustainability:
- Recycling bins at the studio
- Asking all crew to bring their own reusable water bottles to fill up at the studio
- For catering, using reusable plates, cutlery and mugs and using biodegradable takeaway cups, crockery, cutlery and boxes
- Where possible we use energy efficient LED lighting in the studio
- The set was made using recycled timber and materials that wherever possible the Art dept repair instead of rebuilding to reduce the amount of material used
- Not printing of call sheets, and using e-sign for contracts and release forms to keep printing to a minimum
- When booking taxis, using hybrid/greener vehicles and asking drivers to switch off engines during waiting time