The Great British Bake Off Series 10 achieves ** albert sustainable production certification
The Great British Bake Off Series 10 achieved ** albert sustainable production certification...
Love productions were keen to reduce the overall environmental impact of the production of The Great British Bake Off and the production team have worked hard towards achieving @WeAreALBERT sustainable production certification on Series 10 of GBBO.
Some of the ways the production encouraged sustainability:
- Recycling bins on location
- Dedicated collection of on-screen food waste for composting
- Providing reusable water bottles for the whole location team to use
- Location caterers removed cow or lamb dishes from their menus and used reusable crockery, cutlery, mugs and recyclable takeaway boxes
- Location lighting has now replaced all tungsten key lights with LED and made improvements overall to make the lighting more energy efficient than previous series
- Wherever possible set materials and props are re-used on production and other series
- When booking taxis, hybrid/greener vehicles were used